Dress Code for Grades K-8
Appropriate school dress attire helps foster a positive learning environment. A dress code establishes a unique identity for St. Benedict School and creates a feeling of pride and self-esteem. Students who arrive to school out of dress code must wear clothing provided by the school or parents will be called to bring appropriate clothing.
- All clothing must be clean, modest and appropriate for school. Clothing is to be without designer labels or logos of any kind, with the exception of a school logo.
- Pants : Solid navy, tan or black dress pants. No denim or colored jeans, cargo pants, corduroy, stretch pants or pants with extra adornments. Pants must be not be baggy or sagging below the waist.
- Shirts : Solid colored, collared shirt or blouse. A solid colored sweater, vest or sweatshirt with current school emblem may be worn as needed. No layered look. No sleeveless shirts or blouses of any kind. Undershirt must be tucked in.
- Sweatshirts : Other than St. Benedict School spirit-wear, sweatshirts are not allowed in the classroom.
- Shorts/Capris : Solid navy, tan or black dress shorts or capris pant may be worn from April 15 to October 15. Shorts must be no shorter than 2” above the knee.
- Skirts/Jumpers/Skorts : Solid navy, tan, black with uniform shirt may be worn and no shorter than 2” above the knee.
- Tights : Solid navy, tan, black or white may be worn with jumpers, skirts or skorts and should be worn on cold or chilly days.
- Socks : All socks (for girls and boys) should be above the ankle and must be solid navy, tan, black, gray or white without stripes, designs or visible logos. Socks must be visible and worn at all times. Knee socks are permissible.
- Shoes : Shoes must be in good condition for safety purposes. Sandals, slip-on, backless, clogs, boots, ankle boots, or high heel shoes with more than a ½” heel are not permitted. Gym shoes must be worn on gym day.
- Hair : Hair for all students must be clean and neatly groomed. Hair is not to be spiked, colored, or be of an extreme or distracting nature. No shaved designs are allowed. Boys’ hair is not to be longer than the top of his collar and above the eyes. No facial hair is permitted.
- Make-Up : Heavy make-up is not permitted. Girls in Grades K-6 and all boys are not permitted to wear make-up of any kind.
- Jewelry : Should be conservative and tasteful. Long, dangling earrings or hoops larger than a nickel may not be worn. Only one piercing per ear may be visible. Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Piercings and Tattoo’s : No visible tattoos or additional piercings.
- Dress Down Days : St. Benedict School will schedule a dress down day on the last Friday of each month. No bare midriffs, tight-fitting clothes, leggings, low-cut tops, skinny pant/jeans, or jeans with holes.
- Denim Days : Students have the opportunity to earn denim days on special occasions. All dress code regulations apply.
- Physical Education Days : Students may wear solid navy, black or St. Benedict spirit wear t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants. During shorts season, shorts should not have stripes or visible logos.
In the matter of a student’s personal appearance, the decision of the school authorities is final.
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Served by the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity for 106 years, St. Benedict School is committed to educating the whole child for life.