St. Benedict School, Cambridge, Ohio
We offer full-day Kindergarten in addition to grades one through eight. Christian values and strong academics provide a valuable base for adulthood.
St. Benedict School, as an instrument of the Catholic Church, serving the people of Southeastern Ohio, is committed to teaching Gospel values in a caring atmosphere.
We provide an educational experience based on our commitment to Faith, Academic Excellence and Character .
Our children learn to live as visible witnesses of Christ and responsible citizens in our society.
Statement of Beliefs & Vision
We, the community of St. Benedict School, working as partners with the parents of the students of our school, endeavor to develop productive Christian citizens.
We believe we are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
We believe in a Christ-centered education that nurtures the formation of the whole person spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically.
We believe that parents and teachers work together to help each child experience success.
We believe in achieving high academic standards by accommodating learning differences.
We believe that a positive, caring environment is essential to effective instruction and learning.
St. Benedict School Objectives
1. To lead the child to an awareness of God so that he/she may know, love and serve Him, and thus be united with Him in eternity.
2. To assist parents in fulfilling their right to educate and form the basic values of our Catholic Faith.
3. To instill in the child a respectful attitude toward himself/herself, others and all forms of life.
4. To teach the whole child, being attentive to his/her spiritual, moral, academic, psychological and social needs.
5. To awaken in the child a sense of pride and responsibility and a spirit of interdependence toward his/her role as a citizen of our democratic society.