St. Benedict School, Cambridge, Ohio
We offer full-day Kindergarten in addition to grades one through eight. Christian values and strong academics provide a valuable base for adulthood.
St. Benedict School, a ministry of Christ Our Light Parish, is rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. We strive to provide an excellent education in a caring and safe environment, open to all, where students can grow in faith, knowledge and character.
Statement of Beliefs & Vision
1. We believe that we are called to be disciples of Jesus Christ through words, actions, and service to others.
2. We believe in a Christ-centered education that nurtures the formation of the whole person spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, socially, physically, morally and creatively.
3. We believe parents are the primary educators of their children, and therefore we work cooperatively with parents, the parish and the community to build on that foundation.
4. We believe in high academic expectations and accommodate for learning differences.
5. We believe a positive, safe environment where everyone is valued and respected promotes effective learning.
6. We believe in preparing students for the 21st century by integrating technology into instruction.
7. We believe that students will recognize the needs within the global community through service to others.
St. Benedict School Objectives
1. To lead the child to an awareness of God so that he/she may know, love and serve Him, and thus be united with Him in eternity.
2. To assist parents in fulfilling their right to educate and form the basic values of our Catholic Faith.
3. To instill in the child a respectful attitude toward himself/herself, others and all forms of life.
4. To teach the whole child, being attentive to his/her spiritual, moral, academic, psychological and social needs.
5. To awaken in the child a sense of pride and responsibility and a spirit of interdependence toward his/her role as a citizen of our democratic society.